Congratulations; you sold your home or purchased one and are moving. Where to start?! Regardless of how long you have been in your home there is so much to do. You can still use a notebook to create “To Do” lists but there are much better ways to organize a smooth move thanks to technology. The below apps will save you time and frustration. So, that brings me to various apps you can use.
- Wunderlist – allows you to create to-do lists, set time frames with reminders and share it with people who are helping you with your move. You can even give others “to-do lists”.
- Thumbtack – helps you find almost anything you may need from house cleaners to painters and everything in between! This app has connections in every state.
- Taskrabbit – allows you to obtain help with home repairs, cleaning and packing.
- Sortly – allows you to take inventory of what you pack in which box so when you get to your new location you know which room to place the box in. There is a free app and a premium one as well that has additional features.
- Unpakt – instead of calling multiple moving companies for an estimate you can book and manage your move using this app. Movers are only available in 37 states so you would have to see if where you are moving from and moving to in order to ascertain if this app is applicable for you.
- Magicplan – you are now in your new home and arranging furniture has never been easier! With this app you take pictures of your home before you move then use those pictures to create a floor plan of where furniture will go. You actually get to view the space in 3D.
You are now in your new home – be sure to sign up on the app – Nextdoor – it allows you to socialize and virtually meet your new neighbors; not only will you learn if there has been any unusual activity in your neighborhood but who in the neighborhood may be available to babysit or mow the yard.
Hope you find this information helpful! Enjoy the moving experience!